Problems with signed assemblies

Topics: User Forum
Sep 8, 2008 at 9:29 AM

Hi,

First off let me say that I think this is a really efficient solution (once you get your head around it :) ) to getting around embedding asp.net resources into a easily distributable dll.  I'm really surprised more people aren't aware of this. 

I'm at a position now where I want to place the resulting Dll to the GAC but I have encountered a problem with signing the assembly.  On building the project the WAPL tool crashes complaining that one or more assemblies are not signed.  Now, inspecting through Reflector the Dlls I see that the temporary dlls (that are to be merged) are in fact not signed.  Am I missing something?  I'm thinking I may need to sign the assembly post build, before the merging takes place.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2008 at 10:54 AM
Hi Graham,

Thanks for the complements about the project, when I originally figured out how to implement this it was such a headache I thought there must be other people out there wanting to do the same. From the activity here on CodePlex, it seems remain forever unknown!

Its going to be problematic to get signing working with WAPL due to using the VS/msbuild built assembly and building its own extra assembly then merging the two. So the VS/msbuild built assembly can't be signed, instead I would have thought that the merged assembly would need to be signed in the post build step (obviously after the merging has taken place!).

Hope that helps,
Graham D